- 3 cups peeled, sliced, fresh peaches
- 2 cups sliced apples
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 T quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 T lemon juice
- ⅛ t ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 T unsalted butter, cut into bits
- pastry for a two-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 t sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together peaches, apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt. Let stand while making pastry.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Spoon in the filling. Cover with remaining pastry and crimp edges of pastry together. Prick a few holes in top crust.
- Brush top of pastry with a bit of cold water and then sprinkle with the 1 t sugar.
- Place pie on lowest rack of oven and bake 40-50 minutes or until nicely browned and juicy.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before serving.